Wednesday 1 April 2009

Waking The Fallen

Todays trip down the CD lane came courtesy of metal band Avenged Sevenfold, that’s METAAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!. Their 2003 album Waking the Fallen, an album that I utterly adored when it was first released and in a nutshell, take away the truly metal lyrics, its still a pretty damn fine album, considering that they briefly turned into Poison on a later album, thank heaven for small mercy’s. But every staple has a yawn and although it is a pretty good album, it does, like most of its genre, age very badly, the screaming vocals that were very VERY popular in 2003, seem altogether misguided now and the best vocals are the ones that M Shadows delivers straight. That’s said it’s a minor annoyance.
I didn’t think to much of the follow up, I may have it, the forthcoming weeks will tell me that, and I think I am hitting a bit of a rock patch with the CD’s. I digress, I saw Avenged Sevenfold at Reading Festival one year, they really disappointed me and so I kind of stopped listening to them after that, it is therefore nice to listen to this one. Also its the first CD that I never finished on my commute, that said I did shave 10 minutes off the time. 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment