Friday 3 April 2009

Let There Be Rock

LET THERE BE ROCK!!!!! No that’s not a call to arms, that’s todays album, by AC/DC, obviously and I state now, some people are going to be offended by this little review. I realised some time back that AC/DC are definitely a greatest hits band, I have heard albums by them and its really a chore getting through it, and let there be rock is only 8 songs long, I got through it twice this morning and I was frowning 3 songs in.
Why are AC/DC considered the epitome of cool and Status Quo aren’t? I mean for my money Status Quo have better songs and the two bands do plough a similar chugging well worn furrow, so why is one considered a bit of a joke and the other sells out the largest venues all over the world?
Anyway, outside of Whole lotta rosie I found this album tedious in the extreme, no real peaks or troughs, plug in the chug along guitar, the whiney vocals and talk about ladies and stuff. I love rock, I really do, classic vintage rock in particular and their greatest hits I am sure is chock full of great hits, but fucking hell, I have to sit through it a couple of more times on the way home. 0 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment