Monday 20 April 2009

Moon Safari

Moon Safari by Air today, and I will be honest with you, I was pre-empting this to be the best that A could offer, its an album I like very much and should be rather conducive to pleasant drives in early summer sun. The weather helped this morning and the congestion around Coleshill was not going to dampen my mood.
But lets be objective about it. This is an album that has soundtracked so many home makeover programmes, reveal section, every track pictured in my mind Kevin McLoud extolling the virtues of a seed roof or rococo architecture, or Sarah Beenie criticising someone for going over budget because they fancied a granite worktop, this is the soundtrack to a Channel 4 produced home improvement show and there was no getting around that.
Also the over-use of the vocoder made me picture the Rah Band on Clouds across the moon, or was that the Zap Band, its neither here nor there, it was vocoder heavy.
So what of the album, it is one of my favourites ever and the fact that it is used by the UK's versions of Ty Pennington doesn't distract me from it, every track is rather gorgeous and due to the aforementioned congestion I got to hear it all twice. I recommend it heartily and think it should be a mainstay of every record collection. 9.5 out of 10, dropped half a point as they should have used a project manager.



Kelly Watch the Stars by Air

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree on this one, there's something very timeless and captivating going on with this CD that I can't put my finger on.
    Would it be the same if it was a couple of guys from Hull or does the fact it's "Cool French" add to the effect?
    Either way, total class.

    Enjoying the A..Z, btw.

    ReplyDelete