Thursday 2 April 2009

ANThology

Anthology by Alien Ant Farm, as I have mentioned previously Alien Ant Farm are my guilty pleasure and one that I am really quite guilty about, them, Bowling for Soup, Sum 41 and Garth Brooks. I do have shame. But not that much.
So anthology, sorry ANThology, I quite like this album, quite a lot actually, I did think that I liked it more than the follow TruAnt, but hearing them close together, Truant comes out on top and I might have to readdress its mark out of 10, but this isn’t about Truant.
Anthology is the album that contains their take on Smooth Criminal, and the follow up, Movies, my favourite track on the album, but the album as a whole is utterly enjoyable, and one of few that I am looking forward to hearing a few times on the commute home. Some people may think it may have dated a little, its from 2001 if I recall rightly, but I don’t think so, yes there was all that Nu-mental and pop punk stuff happening then but if you look beyond that to the album as a whole and the clumsy naming, its really a very good album. Am I protesting too much? 7 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment