Sunday 16 August 2009

Take Off You Pants And Jacket

Saturdays bonus disc, the soundtrack to my journey from Stafford to Wigans arse kicking of Villa was Blink 182's Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.
This is my favourite Blink 182 album containing my favourite Blink 182 song in Rock Show, considering the result of the football, I needed something that would cheer me up and this was as near as damn it a CD that would.
I think as pop punk goes, actually as rock music goes, this CD is possibly amongst the best, you have the fun good times songs in Anthem Pt 2, The Rock Show, First Date etc, then you have the incredibly peurile in Happy Holidays You Bastard and Mothers Day, but then also you have a song like Stay Together For The Kids, a song arguably that could have been on the Boxcar Racer album, similar in feel to I Feel So.
I really love this album, its an enjoyable romp start to finish at its Blink at the height of their powers, its a grin along album that you need to take seriously, out side of Happy Holidays You Bastard....or Mothers Day, neither of which are suitable to play around your aged mother, but that all pails with their song called Fuck A Dog, not on this album.
10 out of 10.



The Rock Show By Blink 182

No comments:

Post a Comment