Friday 17 July 2009

MocknStrolla

I watched Guy Ritchie's RocknRolla yesterday. My word, what a departure from his usual mockney crime capers. This time, it was set in London, and featured villains swearing a lot, and, oh hang on, that sounds familiar. Anyway, it's a good line up, what a shame Tom Wilkinson is totally unconvincing, and Mark Strong completely underused. Apart from the credits I'd have to say that the only other highlight was the music, which kept the viewer awake as the convoluted plot slowly resolved itself and died with a whimper. I particularly liked the rather camp version of Bo Diddley's I'm a Man, by Black Strobe, about who I know nothing. It's like Killing Joke meets Right Said Fred. Wikipedia says that it's 'electronic body music', and that they describe themselves as 'frozen balearic gay biker house'. Who am I to argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment