Friday 1 May 2009

Infinity Land

The second of my Biffy Clyro albums this morning, Infinity Land, their final album for Beggers Banquet and in my opinion the weakest of the three that they recorded for the label. It is still a fair album but in my opinion it doesn’t have the stand out tracks that graced Vertigo of Bliss or Blackened Sky.
On this album they seem to have been influenced by their contemporaries as opposed to influencing and that really disappoints, Biffy for me were always innovators and they took the path least trodden, similar I guess to Idlewild’s earlier material or at times the band that rose from the ashes of Symposium, Hell Is For Heroes, but on this album it seems like a glut of ideas has been thrown in and a keanness to please Kerrang readers was the priority.
As I left the album I had been listening to around 10 minutes of silence, after all that’s really what I want to do to get to the secret track, the cursed irritating secret track, so for the songs 6 out of 10, for the lengthy silence between the final song and the secret track, -10 out of 10.



There's No Such Thing As A Jaggy Snake by Biffy Clyro

No comments:

Post a Comment