Tuesday 19 May 2009

Live at the BBC

Well back to it, I had a week off as I had podcasts and a new album by Camera Obscura to listen to, but mainly podcasts.
Fitting perfectly into a 40 mile each way commute was the Beatles compilation, Live at the BBC. 69 tracks from BBC sessions from 63 to 65. This compilation was given to me by a person I can't recall, for a reason I can't remember. I think it was Ted, Audrey Roberts former husband off of the Coronation Street, you know, the gay fella that knocks about with philandering Ken Barlow. It wasn't really him but when I try and recall who it was, Ted, Audrey Roberts former husband off of the Coronation Street, you know the gay fella that knocks about with philandering Ken Barlow springs to mind.
The reason I took a week off from the trip through the CD's was podcasts etc, but also I really didnt fancy this CD. I thought it was possibly their worst CD, and lengthy at that, so a lengthy CD from my least favourite period...ooh look a podcast on trees, that HAS to be listened to.
So today I returned and was surprised, really really surprised, it was relatively light on the early career filler that I was going to struggle to enjoy, and quite heavy on covers of songs from people that clearly influenced the band, from the well known tracks like Lucille, Johnny B Goode etc, Matchbox and Kansas City. Tracks that defined who The Beatles were on the stage of the kaiserkeller. My favourite track and a Beatles track I listen to a lot is their version of Till there was you and the version on here doesn't disappoint. So 69 tracks, 8 out of 10. Excellent stuff.



Till There Was You by The Beatles

No comments:

Post a Comment