Wednesday 18 March 2009

Bang Bang Rock and Roll

I skipped a number of EP’s this morning, two by the All New Adventures of Us and two by Ash and that bought me squarely to Bang bang Rock and roll. Art Brut was todays soundtrack and as good as it was I still have this ridiculous dislike of Eddy Argos. That’s neither here nor there. I first listened to Art Brut as a result of the Emily Kane song and video and then saw them at Reading festival, they were excellent and the subsequent album was equally excellent. Then they decided to rarely play anywhere in the UK so I went off them a bit, well a lot. The album then, quite spikey listening back to it, and I recall just how much my wife played this album, an album of penile dysfunction, first loves, the music business and planned moves to LA. I guess it is punk rock in its own way, but by the end of the second rotation, (Its short) his voice was getting on my wick somewhat. 5 out of 10 for the voice 7 out of 10 for the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment