Tuesday 24 March 2009

The Apples In Stereo Live at The Black Cat Washington DC 2000

I don’t own many bootlegs, I think really they are a souvenir of a concert but if you were not there it's basically a ropey recording of a band. That leads me nicely to todays commute CD, The Apples In Stereo at The Black Cat Washington in 2000. I wasn’t at this gig and the sound is ropey. The songs are pretty good though, I did like The Apples In Stereo at one point, they were borderline Dawsons Creak/OC but I forgave them for that as they did display the odd flash of genius, it’s difficult to tell on this recording as it isn’t the greatest, and then if you put that on the speakers of a ford car its even less great. To be honest though after The Avalanches yesterday most things sound good.

So its not bad, if I had the studio recordings of the tracks on the live set it could be pretty excellent, but as it’s a bootleg with ropey sound of a gig I wasn’t at, it’s a straight down the middle 5 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment