Saturday 26 September 2009

Not Fair

It would be difficult to escape what is happening with Lilly Allens campaign to have filesharers thrown in the Tower, and perhaps how it backfired majorly for her after she was found to have plagiarised an article by Michael Masnick.
My personal take is that I appreciate a need for musicians to protect their potential earnings, but without file sharing every single MP3, CD and LP that I have bought in the last 10 years may not have been purchased, OK someone would have got my money but without filesharing I would not have discovered Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, NOFX, Tenacious D, and hundreds of other bands that have wormed their way into my life.
Anyway UK hip hop artist Dan Bull hits the nail on the head rather nicely and he does it rather cheekily to a Lily Allen tune



Dear Lily by Dan Bull

http://www.myspace.com/danbull

No comments:

Post a Comment