Thursday 17 September 2009

Debut

As I approach the tail end of the B’s I know that todays offering is the final Bjork CD, her first solo album, Debut. That is unless little ern has bought another one behind my back. I guess I will know over the next two to three weeks.
I don’t really have much to say about this album, its one that I know reasonably well due to the play it received when me and the current Mrs D were courting. I was far too polite back then to say no really, Bjork is not my cup of tea at all.
Debut features singles such as Big time Sensuality, Violently Happy and Venus as a Boy. None of which mean shit all to me, her jazz ramblings on this album, mixed with outdated beats means that an album has been produced that for me has not stood the test of time and makes me wonder, even as her most accessible album, if she really doesn’t care about selling records.
Maybe that’s the point.
Maybe though she has caught me on an off day, maybe I caught her on an off day but at the end of all this I will be glad that I never have to return to a Bjork album. 4 out of 10.



Venus as a Boy by Bjork

No comments:

Post a Comment