Saturday 26 September 2009

The Beastie Boys Anthology, The Sounds of Science Disc 1

Yesterdays commute CD was the first disc of the Beastie Boys Anthology, Sounds of Science. You might not recall that I listened to the second disc a few weeks ago and didnt think much of it, thats how I roll!
Disc 1 was an entirely different affair, it may have been me, my mood, the tracks or all of the above but if the anthology was a single disc then it could be just disc one and it would be almost perfect.
Disc one has nuances, where disc 2 didnt, it has light and shade, up and down, yin and yang, and of course 3 MC's and 1 DJ, Root Down and Slow and Low. Three of my favourite Beastie Boys tracks.
The only downside to this album is Country Mike and Fatboy Slim, both serve no purpose in my mind and stop straight out Beastie Boys tracks making it on to this album.
Otherwise a contender for the best of the B's. 9 out of 10



Slow and Low by The Beastie Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment