Tuesday 1 December 2009

Some Loud Thunder

Perhaps I was a little harsh about my Glen Campbell disc, its value according to comments is there, just not for me as I was expecting a best of, only to be met with a live recording that didn't at least as much as I was concerned, the goods.
Enough of that though, that was yesterday, today it was the second, and suspect the final, studio release by New York based band Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Some Loud Thunder.
I will save a lot for tomorrow, but I really like this album. They are so different a band and I think non more so than on this album. Main songwriter Alec Ounsworth's voice is stronger and his lyrics even more odd, in a good way, here.
I am a little pushed for time and really can go on, and on about CYHSY, so I will save it for later. Great album, 8 out of 10, best track the final one.



Five Easy Pieces by Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment