Friday 12 December 2008

Parfum

I'm currently suffering with back-knack. Today I had to go to a clinic and put on one of those robes that's open at the back, and designed so that you are unable to do up the cord, thus treating everyone to a glimpse of your lillywhite torso. Following the robe I had to climb into a giant tube while some woman magnetically scanned me in order to find out the extent of back-knack. What does this have to do with music, you might ask. Nothing, I would answer.

My favourite song for today is taken from an advert for Kenzo perfume. It's by Shanghai Restoration Project, and is called Introduction (1936). It seems to be on heavy rotation here in Chile, and I love it. I think they are one of those outfits like the Gotan Project, or Moby, who like to blend original music of a certain ilk with bleeps and beats and squirts. With a name like Shanghai Restoration Project they really should be building more public toilets.

I was looking up some info on Shanghai jazz from the 30's, which is more interesting and easy to listen to than you might think, and I stumbled across NPR Music, which kept my attention for a while and is well worth a look. It's National Public Radio in the U.S.

Anyway, here's the ad.
Shanghai Restoration Project

No comments:

Post a Comment